Payments Outreach Officer
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Davies, AAP, CTP, CPP, is the payments outreach officer for the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. He has more than 15 years of experience in the payments industry—over 13 of those with the Federal Reserve Banks, first in Kansas City and later in Dallas. He has also served as a product manager in the bankcard and commercial banking industries.
Davies earned his Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) status in 2000, Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) status in 2011 and Certified Payments Professional (CPP) status in 2013. He frequently speaks at Federal Reserve events and at industry events, such as those sponsored by SWACHA and local chapters of the Association for Financial Professionals. He is a co-author of the working paper Nonbanks in the Payments System, published in book form by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 2003.
A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Matt graduated from William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri, with a BA in political science and history. He is a 2013 graduate of the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- Payments Fraud/Risk Management
- Adoption/Implementation of the Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV) Standard for Processing Credit Card Transactions in the U.S.
- Trends and strategies in:
- Emerging Payments
- Mobile Payments
- Person-to-person (P2P) Payments
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards
- Prepaid Cards
- Real-Time Payments
- Federal Reserve Financial Services
- FedACH, Fedwire, Checks/Check 21 (Image Exchange)
- FedGlobal International ACH Services
- FedACH SameDay ACH Service
- Federal Reserve Retail Payments Study
Contact Matt Davies
- Phone: 214-922-5259