Dallas Fed Establishes Business and Community Advisory Council
DALLAS—The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas today announced the establishment of a Business and Community Advisory Council to build an effective line of communication with a broad range of business and civic leaders about current economic conditions.
Members of the council will be drawn from Texas, southern New Mexico and northern Louisiana. They will advise the Bank on current and emerging trends and issues affecting their respective industries and communities.
“This advisory council will be composed of established executives who know their industries and communities extremely well and can provide insights into economic conditionsregionally, nationally and globally,” said Richard W. Fisher, Dallas Fed president and CEO.
The council will generally consist of 12 members appointed by the president of the Bank with the consent of the board of directors. Members are appointed for a two-year term, with eligibility for reappointment to a second term.
The new members of the Business and Community Advisory Council are:
- Catherine Mosbacher, President and CEO, Center for Houston’s Future, Houston
- Charles E. Amato, Cofounder & Chairman, Southwest Business Corporation (insurance and financial services), San Antoni
- Dale W. Tremblay, President and CEO, C.H. Guenther & Son (food products), San Antonio
Debby A. Weber, IIDA, Sole Proprietor, Weber Design Associates; President, Hilltop Remodeling, Dallaa
- G.P. Singh, CEO, Paras Capital Management Inc. (investment management), San Antoni
- Gerald J. Rubin, Chairman, President and CEO, Helen of Troy Limited, El Paso
- Henry Hernandez, Chief Executive Officer, Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso
- Janet Clark, EVP & CFO, Marathon Oil, Houston
- Jennifer Sampson, CEO and President, United Way, Dallas
- John P. Nichols, Professor and Head, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, College Station
- Kelvin Walker, Partner, 21st Century Group (private equity), Dallas
- Paul Stafford, Founding Principal, Carter Stafford Arnett Hamada Mockler Law Firm, Dallas
- Stacey Goff, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, CenturyLink, Monroe, Louisiana
Phone: (214) 922-5288