Publications & Multimedia
A Conversation with Milton Friedman
As Interviewed by Richard W. Fisher
Dallas Fed president and CEO Richard W. Fisher sat down with economist Milton Friedman on October 19, 2005, as part of ongoing discussions with the Nobel Prize winner. In a wide-ranging interview, Friedman and Fisher discuss a myriad of topics, including globalization, China, the Federal Reserve, free trade, government spending and education reform.
July 31, 2012, is the 100th anniversary of Dr. Friedman birth.
- Watch the Full Interview (56:06)
- "Celebrating Friedman and Freedom," by Thomas F. Siems
Reflections on Milton Friedman's great ideas, using his own words, to celebrate his contributions in furthering the values and principles that make free-economies around the world exemplars of progress and wealth creation.
- The Legacy of Milton and Rose Friedman’s Free to Choose: Economic Liberalism at the Turn of the 21st Century
Proceedings of a Conference Sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, October 2003.
- On the Record: An Appreciation of Milton Friedman, Champion of Economic Freedom, Southwest Economy, Nov./Dec. 2006
- Milton Friedman—Economist as Public Intellectual, Economic Insights, Vol. 7 No. 2