Research & Data
- Curriculum Vitae
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
D’Ann Petersen is a business economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, where she works in the Research Department’s regional group. In her position, she conducts research on regional economic issues and produces articles for various bank publications, including Southwest Economy. Petersen’s other responsibilities include tracking the real estate and construction sectors for the regional group and writing and contributing to the 11th District Beige Book, the Bank’s regular survey of regional economic conditions.
Petersen received a BS in economics from Texas A&M University and an MA in applied economics from Southern Methodist University.
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- 1990 Master of Arts in Applied Economics, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- 1986 Bachelor of Science (Economics), Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- "How Well Does the Beige Book Reflect Economic Activity? Evaluating Qualitative Information Quantitatively," with Nathan Balke, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, February 2002.
Dallas Fed Monograph Publications
- "The Changing Face of Texas: Population Projections and Implications," with Laila Assanie, The Face of Texas: Jobs, People, Business and Change, 2005.
Dallas Fed and Other Publications
- "Texas Housing Recovery Gains Momentum," with Christina Daly, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2012
- "Texas Housing Market Finally Building a Solid Recovery," Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2012
- "Texas Housing on Bumpy Road After Stimulus Effects Fades," with Adam Swadley, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2011
- "Cloud Over Commercial Real Estate Is Slowly Lifting in Texas," Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2010
- "Texas Dodges Worst of Foreclosure Woes," with Laila Assanie, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2009
- "U.S. Financial Woes Taking a Toll on Texas Industry," with Laila Assanie, Southwest Economy Issue 5, September/October 2008
- "Hot Housing Market Catching Cold in Texas," Southwest Economy, Jan./Feb. 2008
- "Texas Transitions to Service Economy," Southwest Economy, May/June 2007
- "Mid-year Update: Major Metros Driving Texas Expansion," Southwest Economy, July/August 2006.
- "Texas Housing: A Boom with no Bubble?" Southwest Economy, May/June 2006.
- "Texas Metros Contribute to 2005 Job Growth," Southwest Economy, January/February 2006.
- "Texas 2006 Commercial Construction Outlook," Construction News (Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio journals), January 2006.
- "In a State of Change: The Rapidly Growing and Increasingly Diverse Population of Texas," with Laila Assanie, Texas Business Review, Bureau of Business Research, University of Texas at Austin, June 2005.
- "Empty Spaces: Are Texas Office Markets on the Road to Recovery?" Southwest Economy, March/April 2005.
- "Update: Revised Job Numbers Suggest Texas Office Markets May See Quicker Turnaround," Southwest Economy, April 2005.
- "Economic Recovery under Way in Major Texas Metros," with Pricilla Caputo, Southwest Economy, March/April 2004 .
- "Texas Economy Warming Up in 2003," Southwest Economy, July/August 2003.
- "Does Being Different Matter?" with Finn E. Kydland, Nobel laureate, Economic Review, Third Quarter 1997.
- "Silicon Prairie: How High Tech Is Redefining Texas' Economy," with Michelle Burchfiel, Southwest Economy, May/June 1997 .
- "The South: Taking the Lead in the 1990s," with Marci Rossell, Southwest Economy, 1996 .
- "Texas: Demographically Different," Southwest Economy, May/June 1996.
- "From Crude Oil to Computer Chips: How Technology Is Changing the Texas Economy," with Michelle Thomas, Southwest Economy, Nov./Dec.1995,
- "Is Texas’ Real Estate Boom a House of Cards?"Southwest Economy, May/June 1995.
- "The Texas Construction Sector; The Tail That Wagged the Dog," with Keith Phillips and Mine Yucel, Economic Review, Second Quarter 1994.
- "Demographics and the Long-Term Outlook for Housing Investment," with Kent Hill, Economic Review, First Quarter 1994 .
- "From Baby Boom to Housing Bust: How Demographics Will Affect Housing Demand," Southwest Economy, July/Aug. 1994.
- "Southwest Outlook Brighter in 1994," Southwest Economy, Jan./Feb. 1994, with others.
- "Southwest’s Economic Growth to Exceed Nation’s," with others, Southwest Economy, March April, 1993.
- "Will Office Real Estate in Texas Ever Recover?" Southwest Economy, September/October, 1992.
- "Growth in the U.S. Economy Depends on Stronger Consumer Spending," with Harvey Rosenblum and Evan Koenig, Southwest Economy, March/April 1992.
- "Money Growth, Supply Shocks, and Inflation," with Joseph Haslag, Economic Review, March 1991.
- "Southwest to Dodge Recession," with others, Southwest Economy, January/February, 1991.
- "Money: Its Effect on the Southwest Economy," with Cara Lown, Southwest Economy, January 1990.