Regional Research & Data
Banking and the Financial Industry
On the Record: Texas Banking Legend Shares Lessons Learned, Dick Evans, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2015.
Wage Flexibility in Texas May Ease Impact of Tighter Monetary Policy, Anil Kumar, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2015.
Robust Regional Banking Sector Faces New Economic Hurdles, Kelly Klemme and Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2015.
- Current Account Surplus May Damp the Effects of China’s Credit Boom, J. Scott Davis, Adrienne Mack, Wesley Phoa and Anne Vandenabeele, Economic Letter, January 2015.
- Do Restrictions on Home Equity Extraction Contribute to Lower Mortgage Defaults? Evidence from a Policy Discontinuity at the Texas’ Border, Anil Kumar, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Research Department Working Paper No. 1410.
- Despite Cautionary Guidance, Leveraged Loans Reach New Highs, Alex Mustov and William Watts, Economic Letter, September 2014.
- Would a Texas Central Bank Set Rates Higher?, Janet Koech and Mark A. Wynne, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2014.
- Banking Recovery Could be Vulnerable to Interest Rate Increases, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2014.
- Central Bank Transparency Anchors Inflation Expectations, J. Scott Davis, Adrienne Mack and Mark Wynne, Economic Letter, April 2014.
- Volatility-Selling Strategies Carry Potential Systematic Cost, Jiaqi Chen and Michael Tindall, Economic Letter, December 2013.
- Banks Continue Their Recovery Despite Slowing Revenue Growth, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2013.
- When Guaging Bank Capital Adequacy, Simplicity Beats Complexity, Michael A. Seamans, Economic Letter, April 2013.
- Financial Stability: Traditional Banks Pave the Way, 2013 Annual Report.
- Choosing the Road to Prosperity: Why We Mut End Too Big to Fail—Now, Harvey Rosenblum and Richard Fisher, 2012 Annual Report.
- Understanding the Risks Inherent in Shadow Banking, David Luttrell, Harvey Rosenblum and Jackson Thies, Staff Papers, November 2012.
- Bringing Banking to the Masses, One Phone at a Time, Janet Koech, Economic Letter, October 2012.
- Eleventh District Savings and Loans Outperform Industry Nationwide, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2012.
- Mexican Banks Get Ahead of New Global Capital Standards, Edward C. Skelt, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2012.
- Commodity Futures Investing: Method to the Madness, Michael Plante and Jackson Thies, Economic Letter, May 2012.
- Banking: Profitability and Lending Rise as Problem Loans Fall, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2012.
- Global Stock Market Linkages Reduce Potential for Diversification, Karen K. Lewis, Economic Letter, February 2012.
- Venture Capital: Texas Spending Rebounds from Recession Low, Jackson Thies, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2012.
- Financiers of the World, Disunite, Jiaqi Chen and Jeffery W. Gunther, Economic Letter, November 2011.
- Private Equity Industry: Southwest Firms Draw on Regional Expertise, Alex Musatov and Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2011.
- On the Record: Dodd — Frank: Toward Greater Financial System Stability, Robert D. Hankins, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2011.
- Mexican Financial Markets: New Instruments, Rules Boost Capital Investment in Mexico, Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2011.
- Bank Profits Rebound as Loss Set-Asides Ease, Kelly Klemme and Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2011.
- Cycle-Resistant Credit Systems: Learning from Hong Kong's Experience, Ying Guan, Jeffery W. Gunther, and Sophia Tsai, Economic Letter, June 2010.
- District Banks' Exposure to Modified Loans Limited, Kory Killgo, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2010.
- District Banking Within Reach of More Mexicans, Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2010.
- Eleventh District Banking Industry Weathers Financial Storms, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2010.
- Taming TALF: Jump-Starting the Securitization Markets, Kenneth J. Robinson, Economic Letter, August 2009.
- Mexico’s Año Horrible: Global Crisis Stings Economy, Edward C. Skelton and Erwan Quintin, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Rising Protectionist Threat Creates Risks for Texas, Edward C. Skelton and Mike Nicholson, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Restoring Banking's Safety Net: Deposit Insurance’s Steeper Cost, Kory Killgo, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Taming the Credit Cycle by Limiting High-Risk Lending, Jeffery W. Gunther, Economic Letter, June 2009.