Regional Research & Data
Banking and the Financial Industry
- "Financiers of the World, Disunite," Jiaqi Chen and Jeffery W. Gunther, November 2011
- "Cycle-Resistant Credit Systems: Learning from Hong Kong's Experience," Ying Guan, Jeffery W. Gunther and Sophia Tsai, June 2010
- "Taming TALF: Jump-Starting the Securitization Markets," Kenneth J. Robinson, August 2009
- "Taming the Credit Cycle by Limiting High-Risk Lending," Jeffery W. Gunther, June 2009
- "Reaching Mexico's Unbanked," Edward C. Skelton, July 2008
- "Hedge Fund Investors More Rational Than Rash," Jeffery W. Gunther and Anna Zhang, August 2007.
Private Equity Industry: Southwest Firms Draw on Regional Expertise, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2011,
On the Record: Dodd&nash;Frank: Toward Greater Financial System Stability, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2011,
- Mexican Financial Markets: New Instruments, Rules Boost Capital Investment in Mexico," Edward C. Skelton, Third Quarter 2011.
- Bank Profits Rebound as Loss Set-Asides Ease," Kelly Klemme and Kenneth J. Robinson, Second Quarter 2011.
- District Banks' Exposure to Modified Loans Limited," Kory Killgo, FourthQuarter 2010.
- District Banking Within Reach of More Mexicans," Edward C. Skelton, Fourth Quarter 2010.
- Eleventh District Banking Industry Weathers Financial Storms," Kenneth J. Robinson, Second Quarter 2010.
- Mexico’s Año Horrible: Global Crisis Stings Economy," Edward C. Skelton and Erwan Quintin, Third Quarter 2009.
- "Rising Protectionist Threat Creates Risks for Texas," Edward C. Skelton and Mike Nicholson, Third Quarter 2009.
- "Restoring Banking's Safety Net: Deposit Insurance’s Steeper Cost," Kory Killgo, Third Quarter 2009.
- "How Much Will the Global Financial Storm Hurt Mexico?" Erwan Quintin and Edward Skelton, Nov./Dec. 2008
- Is Texas Overbanked?" Kory Killgo, March/April 2008
- "Regional Lending in a World of Interstate Banking," Kenneth J. Robinson, March/April 2007.