Regional Research & Data
U.S. - Mexico Border and Maquiladora Industry
- Current Analysis
- The Impact of the Maquiladora Industry on U.S. Border Cities, Jesus Cañas, Roberto A. Coronado, Robert W. Gilmer and Eduardo Saucedo, Research Department Working Paper 1107.
- Offshoring and Volatility: More Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladora Industry, Roberto Coronado, Research Department Working Paper 1106.
- Trade Conference Explores U.S.-Mexico ‘Common Bonds’, Jesus Cañas, Roberto Coronado and Robert W. Gilmer, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2011.
- Banking Industry Evolution Along the Texas–Mexico Border, Joaquin Lopez and Keith Phillips, Southwest Economy, July/Aug. 2006.
- Mexican Reform Clouds View of Key Industry, Jesus Cañas and Robert W. Gilmer, Southwest Economy, May/June 2007.
- Crime on the U.S.—Mexico Border: The Effect of Undocumented Immigration and Border Enforcement, Roberto A. Coronado and Pia M. Orrenius, Migraciones Internacionales, June 2007.
- Exported Retail Sales along the Texas—Mexico Border, Roberto A. Coronado and Keith R. Phillips, Journals of Borderlands Studies, Spring 2007.
- Maquiladora Recovery: Lessons for the Future, Jesus Cañas, Roberto Coronado and Robert W. Gilmer, Southwest Economy, March/April 2007.
- Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Nuevo Laredo, Jesus Cañas and Thomas M. Fullerton Jr, Growth and Change, March 2007.
- On the Determinants of Optimal Border Enforcement, Pia M. Orrenius, Mark Guzman and Joe Haslag, Economic Theory, February 2007.
- Regional Business Cycle Integration Along the U.S.—Mexico Border, Jesus Cañas and Keith Phillips, The Annals of Regional Science, February 2007.
- Incubating Microfinance: The Texas Border Experience, Laila Assanie and Raghav Virmani, Southwest Economy, September/October 2006.
- Border Benefits from Mexican Shoppers, Jesus Cañas, Roberto Coronado and Keith Phillips, Southwest Economy, May/June 2006.
- Dynamic Growth in the Rio Grande Valley, José Joaquín López, Southwest Economy, March/April 2006.
- Texas Border Employment and Maquiladora Growth, Jesus Cañas, Roberto Coronado and Robert W. Gilmer, The Face of Texas, October 2005.
- Texas Border Benefits from Retail Sales to Mexican Nationals, Keith R. Phillips and Roberto Coronado, The Face of Texas, October 2005.
- Cyclical Differences Emerge in Border City Economies, Keith R. Phillips and Kristen Hamden, Vista, Issue 2 2005.
- Border Cities: Economic Competitors or Complements?, Jesus Cañas, Ebetuel Pallares and Luis Bernardo Torres Ruiz, Crossroads, Issue 2 2005.
- Framing the Future: Tomorrow's Border Economy, Robert W. Gilmer, Keith Phillips, Jesus Cañas and Roberto Coronado, Vista, Issue 1 2005.
- Short-Run Maquiladora Employment Dynamics in Tijuana, Roberto A. Coronado, Thomas M. Fullerton Jr. and Don P. Clark, Annals of Regional Science, Fall 2004.
- Maquiladora Downturn: Structural Change or Cyclical Factors?, Roberto A. Coronado, Jesus Cañas and Robert W. Gilmer, International Business and Economics Research Journal, August 2004.