Regional Research & Data
Construction & Real Estate
- Current Analysis
- Construction: Employment Improves Across Texas During 2012, Christina Daly, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2012.
- Credit, Housing Collateral and Consumption: Evidence from Japan, the UK and the U.S., John Duca, Janine Aron, John Muellbauer, Keiko Murata and Anthony Murphy, The Review of Income and Wealth, September 2012.
- Texas Housing Market Finally Building a Solid Recovery, D'Ann Petersen, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2012.
- Increased Real House Price Volatility Signals Break from Great Moderation, Adrienne Mack and Enrique Martínez García, Economic Letter, January 2012.
- When Will the U.S. Housing Market Stabilize?, John V. Duca, David Luttrell and Anthony Murphy, Economic Letter, August 2011.
- Shifting Credit Standards and the Boom and Bust in U.S. House Prices, John V. Duca, John Muellbauer and Anthony Murphy, Research Department Working Paper 1104.
- Texas Housing on Bumpy Road After Stimulus Effects Fade, D'Ann Petersen and Adam Swadley, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2011.
- House Prices and Credit Constraints: Making Sense of the U.S. Experience, John V. Duca, John Muellbauer and Anthony Murphy, Research Department Working Paper 1103.
- Housing Markets and the Financial Crisis of 2007-09: Lessons for the Future, John Duca, John Muellbauer and Anthony Murphy, Journal of Financial Stability, December 2010.
- The Fallacy of a Pain-Free Path to a Healthy Housing Market, Danielle DiMartino Booth and David Luttrell, Economic Letter, December 2010.
- The Impact of Hurricanes on Housing Prices: Evidence from U.S. Coastal Cities, Anthony Murphy and Eric Strobl, Research Department Working Paper 1009.
- Cloud Over Commercial Real Estate is Slowly Lifting in Texas, D'Ann Petersen, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2010.
- Housing: Tax Credit Boosting Sales, Building - for Now, Mike Nicholson, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2010.
- An Analysis of the Neighborhood Impacts of a Mortgage Assistance Program: A Spatial Hedonic Model, Wenhua Di, Research Department Working Paper 1001.
- Texas Dodges Worst of Foreclosure Woes, D'Ann Petersen and Laila Assanie, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2009.
- Farm Real Estate Values: Texas Holds Steady in 2008, Bucking U.S. Trend , Emily Kerr and Keith R. Phillips, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2009.
- Commercial Real Estate: Recession Takes Toll, Banks Put at Risk, Jackson Thies, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2009.
- Housing: Tax Credit Boosts Sales to First-Time Buyers in Texas, Jessica Renier, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Texas Subprime Mortgages Metros Vary on Risky Loans—and Delinquencies, Wenhua Di and Anil Kumar, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2009.
- Financial Crisis Casts Shadow Over Commercial Real Estate, Roland Meeks, Economic Letter, December 2008.
- Why Texas Feels Less Subprime Stress than U.S., Anil Kumar, Southwest Economy, Nov./Dec. 2008.
- Commercial Real Estate Investment: U.S. Financial Woes Taking a Toll on Texas Industry, D'Ann Petersen and Laila Assanie, Southwest Economy, Sept/Oct. 2008.
- Hot Housing Market Catching Cold in Texas, D'Ann Petersen, Southwest Economy, Jan./Feb. 2008.