Regional Research & Data
- Current Analysis
- Energy: Crude Oil Export Outlook Mixed as 1975 Ban Ends, Navi Dhaliwal, Southwest Economy¸ First Quarter 2016.
- Texas Ports Stay Busy as Trade Values Fall Along Gulf, Rise Inland, Jesse Thompson, Southwest Economy¸ Fourth Quarter 2015.
- Texas Maintains Top Exporter Standing While Its Trade Remains Concentrated, Janet Koech and Mark A. Wynne, Southwest Economy¸ Third Quarter 2015.
- Spotlight: Chinese Slowdown Restrains Texas Exports, Jack Wang, Southwest Economy¸ Second Quarter 2015.
- Producers, Refiners View Strategies to Trim Texas’ Glut of Ultralight Condensate Oil, Jesse Thompson, Southwest Economy¸ Fourth Quarter 2014.
- Spotlight: NAFTA at 20: Shortcomings Suggest Trade Agreement Alone Isn’t Enough, Pia Orrenius and Jesús Cañas, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2014.
- U.S. Gasoline Imports Rise Following Temporary Easing of Fuel Standards, Adriana Z. Fernández and Robert W. Gilmer, Economic Letter, August 2014.
- Crude Oil Export Ban Benefits Some ... but Not All, Michael D. Plante, Economic Letter, July 2014.
- Cheaper by the Box Load: Containerized Shipping a Boon for World Trade, Janet Koech, Globalization and Monetary Institute 2013 Annual Report.
- Measuring the External Value of the Dollar, Mark Wynne and Adrienne Mack, Globalization and Monetary Institute 2013 Annual Report.
- Energy, Trade in Southern New Mexico Lift State's Economic Performance, Avilia Bueno and Roberto A. Coronado, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2013.
- Barbeque vs. Gumbo: Economic Traits Tie Neighboring Texas and Louisiana, Jason Saving and Michael Weiss, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2013.
- Trade: Alolng Texas Gulf, Exports Pick up as Oil Imports Decline, Amy Jordan, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2013.
- Natural Gas: Mexican Imports from U.S. Reach Record High, Amy Jordan, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2013.
- Booming Shale Gas Production Drives Texas Petrochemical Surge, Jesse Thompson, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2012.
- Analyzing the Export Flow from Texas to Mexico, Andrew J. Cassey, Staff Papers, October 2010.
- One the Record: Texas Well-Positioned as Panama Canal Expands, Bill Diehl, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2010.
- Texas Exports: NAFTA Markets Spur Trade Turnaround, Emily Kerr, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2010.
- Texas Trade: Exports Take a Turn for the Worse, Jessica Renier, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2009.
- Exports: Latin America, China Lead Texas Surge in Overseas Sales, Jessica Renier, Southwest Economy, September/October 2008.
- Texas Trade: Air Shipments Up for Imports, Exports, Mike Nicholson, Southwest Economy, September/October 2008.
- Globalizing Texas: Exports and High-Tech Jobs, Anil Kumar, Southwest Economy, September/October 2007.
- Texas Exports: Markets Grow Faster Beyond North America, Anil Kumar and Raghav Virmani, Southwest Economy, March/April 2007.
- Did NAFTA Spur Texas Exports? , Anil Kumar, Southwest Economy, March/April 2006.
- Texas Exports: Taking Top Spot in Selling Overseas, Fiona Sigalla, Southwest Economy, January/February 2006.