Community Development Events
Promoting Economic Opportunity through Policy and Influence
February 19, 2015 Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
The North Texas Asset Funders Network will host “Promoting Economic Opportunity through Policy and Influence,” a forum highlighting effective ways foundations and nonprofits can use policy change to address economic insecurity and asset-building for low-income families.
The forum will feature experts in the field of policy, as well as discussion and Q&A on the following topics:
- Legislative Perspectives
Ann Beeson, Center for Public Policy Priorities
- Demystifying Influence Strategies: Developing and Implementing a Policy Agenda
Nayantara Mehta, Alliance for Justice
- Opportunity Discussion: How Do We Practically Engage in Policy?
Dena L. Jackson, Dallas Women's Foundation
- Moderator: Alfreda B. Norman, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Date and Time
- Thursday, February 19, 2015
- 9–11 a.m.
- Registration, coffee and networking from 9–9:30 a.m.
- Session begins at 9:30 a.m.