The Road to Economic Mobility: Removing Transportation Barriers for Working Families
February 20, 2018 Dallas Fed
On February 20, 2018, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and On the Road Lending will co-host an event that explores how we can ensure that working families in the North Texas region overcome transportation barriers so they can achieve greater economic mobility.
Speakers and Topics
- Driving to Opportunity: Public Policy Recommendations on Personal Car Ownership—Rolf Pendall, Director, Metropolitan Housing and Communities Policy Center, Urban Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Transportation and Health: Building a Smart City—Michael Stevens, Chief Innovation Officer, city of Columbus, Ohio, winner of the Department of Transportation Smart City Challenge
- Innovations in Public Transit—Todd Plesko, Vice President of Planning and Development, Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Impacts to Working Families of Subprime and Auto Title Predatory Lending—Yana Miles, Senior Policy Counsel, Center for Responsible Lending, Washington, D.C.
Who Should Attend
- Business leaders
- Social service agencies
- Financial institutions
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Event check-in: 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:30–10:30 a.m.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
2200 N. Pearl St.
Dallas, TX 75201
- Driving directions
- There is no fee to attend, but preregistration is required.
- Registration deadline: Feb. 15, 2018
- Register online
For more information
Please contact Preston Ash at email@example.com.