Regional Research Topics
- Agriculture: Texas Cattle Producers Likely to Report Record Profit, Sarah Binder, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2014.
- Agriculture: Texas to Avoid Worst of Projected Farm Income Drop, Emily Kerr, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2014.
- Water Scarcity a Potential Drain on the Texas Economy, Keith Phillips, Edward Rodrigue and Mine Yucel, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2013.
- Brutal Drought Depresses Agriculture, Thwarting U.S. and Texas Economies, Emily Kerr, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2012.
- Agriculture: Sector's Share of GDP Smaller in Texas than in U.S., Emily Kerr, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2012.
- Agriculture: Pecan Prices Remain Strong, but Drought Hurts Production, Yingda Bi, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2012.
- Market Expectations and Corn Prices: Looking into the Future to Explain the Present, Michael Plante and Jackson Thies, Economic Letter, August 2012.
- Record Drought: Agriculture Losses Estimated at $5.2 Billion, Alex Musatov and Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2011.
- Texas Agriculture: Cotton, Beef Exports Higher on Global Demand, Adam Swadley, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2011.
- Texas Agriculture: Drought’s End Brings Optimism, Emily Kerr, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2010.
- Farm Real Estate Values Texas Holds Steady in 2008, Bucking U.S. Trend, Emily Kerr and Keith R. Phillips, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2009.
- Texas Agriculture: Drought Damages Mount for Farmers, Ranchers, Mike Nicholson, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Dairy Squeeze: Low Prices, High Costs Hit Texas Industry, Jackson Thies, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2009.
- Agriculture: Texas Rice Acreage Grows with Prices , Jessica Renier, Southwest Economy, May/June 2008.
- Agriculture: Overall Economic Impact in 2007 Sets Texas Record, Laila Assanie, Southwest Economy, Jan/Feb 2008.