Regional Research Topics
Banking and the Financial Industry
- On the Record: A Conversation with Adrián Mijares Elizondo: Cinépolis Theater Chain Seeks North Texas Stardom, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2016.
- Mobile Payments Promise to Improve Financial Accessibility in Mexico, Michael Perez, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2016.
- Texas Enterprise Zone Benefits for Poor Prove Elusive, Wenhua Di and Daniel Millimet, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2016.
- Health Care Services Depress Recent PCE Inflation Readings, Jim Dolmas, Economic Letter, August 2016.
- Shadow Banking Reemerges, Posing Challenges to Banks and Regulators, Alex Musatov and Michael Perez, Economic Letter, July 2016.
- Texas Banks Enter This Downturn on Better Footing, Kory Killgo and Robert R. Moore, Annual Report, April 2016.
- Risks Mount for Eleventh District Banks amid Energy Weakness, Kelly Klemme and Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2016.
- High School Financial Literacy Mandate Could Boost Texas' Economic Well-Being, Camden Cornwell and Anthony Murphy, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2016.
- On the Record: Texas Banking Legend Shares Lessons Learned, Dick Evans, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2015.
- Wage Flexibility in Texas May Ease Impact of Tighter Monetary Policy, Anil Kumar, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2015.
- Robust Regional Banking Sector Faces New Economic Hurdles, Kelly Klemme and Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2015.
- Current Account Surplus May Damp the Effects of China’s Credit Boom, J. Scott Davis, Adrienne Mack, Wesley Phoa and Anne Vandenabeele, Economic Letter, January 2015.
- Do Restrictions on Home Equity Extraction Contribute to Lower Mortgage Defaults? Evidence from a Policy Discontinuity at the Texas’ Border, Anil Kumar, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Research Department Working Paper No. 1410.
- Despite Cautionary Guidance, Leveraged Loans Reach New Highs, Alex Mustov and William Watts, Economic Letter, September 2014.
- Would a Texas Central Bank Set Rates Higher?, Janet Koech and Mark A. Wynne, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2014.
- Banking Recovery Could be Vulnerable to Interest Rate Increases, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2014.
- Central Bank Transparency Anchors Inflation Expectations, J. Scott Davis, Adrienne Mack and Mark Wynne, Economic Letter, April 2014.
- Volatility-Selling Strategies Carry Potential Systematic Cost, Jiaqi Chen and Michael Tindall, Economic Letter, December 2013.
- Banks Continue Their Recovery Despite Slowing Revenue Growth, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2013.
- When Guaging Bank Capital Adequacy, Simplicity Beats Complexity, Michael A. Seamans, Economic Letter, April 2013.
- Financial Stability: Traditional Banks Pave the Way, 2012 Annual Report.
- Choosing the Road to Prosperity: Why We Mut End Too Big to Fail—Now, Harvey Rosenblum and Richard Fisher, 2012 Annual Report.
- Understanding the Risks Inherent in Shadow Banking, David Luttrell, Harvey Rosenblum and Jackson Thies, Staff Papers, November 2012.
- Bringing Banking to the Masses, One Phone at a Time, Janet Koech, Economic Letter, October 2012.
- Eleventh District Savings and Loans Outperform Industry Nationwide, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2012.
- Mexican Banks Get Ahead of New Global Capital Standards, Edward C. Skelt, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2012.
- Commodity Futures Investing: Method to the Madness, Michael Plante and Jackson Thies, Economic Letter, May 2012.
- Banking: Profitability and Lending Rise as Problem Loans Fall, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2012.
- Global Stock Market Linkages Reduce Potential for Diversification, Karen K. Lewis, Economic Letter, February 2012.
- Venture Capital: Texas Spending Rebounds from Recession Low, Jackson Thies, Southwest Economy, First Quarter 2012.
- Financiers of the World, Disunite, Jiaqi Chen and Jeffery W. Gunther, Economic Letter, November 2011.
- Private Equity Industry: Southwest Firms Draw on Regional Expertise, Alex Musatov and Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2011.
- On the Record: Dodd — Frank: Toward Greater Financial System Stability, Robert D. Hankins, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2011.
- Mexican Financial Markets: New Instruments, Rules Boost Capital Investment in Mexico, Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2011.
- Bank Profits Rebound as Loss Set-Asides Ease, Kelly Klemme and Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2011.
- Cycle-Resistant Credit Systems: Learning from Hong Kong's Experience, Ying Guan, Jeffery W. Gunther, and Sophia Tsai, Economic Letter, June 2010.
- District Banks' Exposure to Modified Loans Limited, Kory Killgo, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2010.
- District Banking Within Reach of More Mexicans, Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Fourth Quarter 2010.
- Eleventh District Banking Industry Weathers Financial Storms, Kenneth J. Robinson, Southwest Economy, Second Quarter 2010.
- Taming TALF: Jump-Starting the Securitization Markets, Kenneth J. Robinson, Economic Letter, August 2009.
- Mexico’s Año Horrible: Global Crisis Stings Economy, Edward C. Skelton and Erwan Quintin, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Rising Protectionist Threat Creates Risks for Texas, Edward C. Skelton and Mike Nicholson, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Restoring Banking's Safety Net: Deposit Insurance’s Steeper Cost, Kory Killgo, Southwest Economy, Third Quarter 2009.
- Taming the Credit Cycle by Limiting High-Risk Lending, Jeffery W. Gunther, Economic Letter, June 2009.
- Reaching Mexico's Unbanked, Edward C. Skelton, Economic Letter, July 2008.
- How Much Will the Global Financial Storm Hurt Mexico?, Erwan Quintin and Edward C. Skelton, Southwest Economy, Nov./Dec. 2008.
- Is Texas Overbanked?, Kory Killgo, Southwest Economy, March/April 2008.