Navigate: Exploring College and Careers
This resource for 7th through 9th graders introduces students to planning for careers and college.
Many students may not be familiar with the pathways to education and jobs after high school. Navigate gives them tools to investigate a career they’re interested in, find out what education they’ll need, prepare to apply for college and determine how to pay for it.
In six units, Navigate guides students through important steps:
- Examine various careers and educational requirements.
- Evaluate different educational opportunities after high school.
- Identify academic choices and extracurricular activities that will enhance college applications.
- Research the cost of education options after high school.
- Explore types of financial aid and educational assistance.
- Imagine their own path to success.
Download Navigate materials below, or order free copies of the student workbook and teacher handbook. Teachers can use the parent letter to inform families about Navigate and invite them to explore it along with their student.