I want to know about...
- Consumer Resources
- Home Mortgages
- Identity Theft
- Interest Rates
- Money and Banking
- Savings Bonds and Treasury Securities
- Vehicle Leasing
- Federal Reserve Consumer Help
Learn about filing a complaint about a bank, identity theft and scams, debt issues, credit and more.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Offers a number of tools to assist consumers with managing their finances and exercising their rights under consumer protection laws and regulations.
- 5 Tips for Improving Your Credit Score
Helps consumers understand how a credit score is determined and provides steps to improve it.
- Credit Card Information (FR Board)
Provides a basic guide to navigating the credit card process.
- A Consumer's Guide to Mortgage Refinancing (FR Board)
Contains useful tips and answers to frequently asked questions about the refinancing process
- Foreclosure Resources for Consumers (FR Board)
Information and links to agencies and organizations that may be able to help you if you are having difficulty making your mortgage payment.
- Mortgage Payments Sending You Reeling? Here's What to Do (Federal Trade Commission)
explains the different kinds of mortgages, what to do if you're behind in your payments, how to avoid default and foreclosure, and how to avoid predatory scams.
- Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages
Helps consumers understand this important and complex mortgage option available to homebuyers.
- What You Should Know about Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit (FR Board)
Explains home equity lines of credit, where to look for one and the costs of maintaining it.
- Fighting Back Against Identity Theft (FTC)
What to do and who to contact if you think your identity has been stolen.
- Protect your “Cyber Home” With a Solid Foundation
Simple steps to secure your computers and mobile devices for Internet banking and shopping, banking by computer or mobile device. Also provides basic security tips.
- Find the current Discount Rate, Prime Rate, Fed Funds Rate and rates for Certificates of Deposit. (FR Board)
- Take It to the Bank: Your Guide to Opening a Bank Account
Developed for the Bank on Dallas campaign, this guide provides information on why a bank account is needed and advice on how to open and manage an account. Also available in Spanish.
Federal Government's website dedicated to helping Americans understand more about their money—how to save it, invest it, and manage it to meet their personal goals.
What you can do to avoid bouncing checks and suffering the often high-cost assciated with it.
- Regulation CC (Availability of Funds and Collection of Checks) (FR Board)
Explains how electronic check conversion works and what your rights are as a consumer.
- Currency Information (Bureau of Engraving and Printing)
Information on the newly designed currency notes as well as designs of past U.S. notes.
- Coin Information (U.S. Mint)
Find out about newly minted coins, the new state quarters and commemorative coin sets.
- Dollars and Cents (FRB Atlanta) Facts about U.S. currency and coin: how they are made, design and features, circulation and how to spot counterfeits.
- ETA—Electronic Transfer Account (U.S. Treasury)
Find a provider that offers this low-cost account to which your federal benefit, wage, salary or retirement payment can be deposited electronically.
ETA informational brochure available in English and Spanish
- How to File a Consumer Complaint About a Bank (FR Consumer Help)
What to do if you think a bank has been unfair or deceptive in its dealings with you or has violated a law or regulation.
- Complaints and Inquiries Hotline: 888-851-1920
- Treasury Securities & Programs (U.S. Treasury)
Information on Treasury bills, notes, bonds and Savings Bonds.
- Savings Bond Redemption Calculator (U.S.Treasury)
Compute the redemption values of your Savings Bonds.
- Treasury Direct (U. S. Treasury)
Operated by the Bureau of Public Debt, TreasuryDirect allows you to buy Treasury securities—T-bills, notes, and bonds—directly from the government.