Banking Conditions Survey
For this survey, respondents were asked supplemental questions on deposits. Data were collected September 20–28, and 68 bankers responded to the survey.
1. What share of the July increase in the interest rate on reserve balances (IORB rate) did you pass through by way of deposit rate increases?
NOTE: 57 responses.
2. What share of any 2022 increases in the interest rate on reserve balances (IORB rate) taking place after July do you expect to pass through by way of deposit rate increases?
NOTE: 56 responses.
3. Over the past six weeks, how has your volume of core deposits changed?
NOTE: 68 responses.
4. What change do you expect in your volume of core deposits over the next six weeks?
NOTE: 67 responses.
Special Questions Comments
These comments have been edited for publication.
- Phones are ringing, [with people] wanting 4 percent rates on certificates of deposit. This will kill our margins next year.
- We are trying to minimize the rate shock by maximizing savings rates for those on fixed incomes and minimize loan rates to maximize monthly cash flow.